Checkerboard pattern: timeless design or a retro trend?
I reimagined the simple checkerboard quilt block to create a dancefloor replete with the tiny square dancers who could be dancing the night away in any time or place. Perhaps you will see yourself on the dance floor?
The CHECKERBOARD DANCE FLOOR quilt is traditionally pieced and is recommended for advanced beginner quilters and up. The pattern includes step by step instructions with many diagrams for four sizes: a baby (36" SQ), a small throw (54" SQ), a large throw (78" SQ) and a bed (102" SQ). Finished Checkerboard block size: 18" x 18". Method used in the process: No-Waste Four at a Time Flying Geese and Strip piecing.
The fabrics used for the cover image (Large Throw): Kona Cotton fabrics and designer's palette picks FQ bundle by Robert Kaufman Fabrics.
- Satomi Quilts Colorstory 20 FQ bundle (used 18 colors)
- Background: Kona Cotton Snow
- Binding: Kona Cotton Honeysuckles
Read a blog post.
- This pattern is for personal use only. Do not copy, redistribute or sell.
- You may sell quilts made using this pattern on a small independent scale. Please credit the quilt pattern to Satomi Quilts.