SOMETHING'S ABUZZ: AGF version (Large Throw)
This is an original version I made for Love Patchwork & Quilting Magazine and it was featured in last year. There were no cornerstones and also the sashing was a little narrow.
I didn't add this original version to the instructions but if you are interested in making it, refer to the cutting instructions below. But please note that you still need to purchase the pattern (Digital / Paper) to make the bee blocks.
Love Patchwork & Quilting Magazine - Large Throw version
- Make all the bee blocks according to the SOMETHING'S ABUZZ quilt pattern.
- Skip all the cutting instructions for the four patches, the sashing and borders in the pattern and follow the cutting instructions below instead.
- Background fabric cut (1) 12 1/2" x WOF, cross cut into:
(15) 12 1/2" x 2 1/2" - Sashing
- Background fabric cut (6) 2 1/2" x WOF. RST, sew the sashing strips along the short edge and make a long strip, measure and cut as indicated below.
(4) 2 1/2" x 54 1/2" - Sashing
- Background fabric cut (7) 4 1/2" x WOF. RST, sew the border strips along the short edge and make a long strip, measure and cut as indicated below.
(2) 4 1/2" x 62 1/2" - Top and bottom borders