SOMETHING'S ABUZZ: Yellow Bee version (Small Throw)
This one is the original color idea that I was thinking of making when I designed this pattern.
Yellow, black and white for the bees and sky blue for the background. It sounded so typical but it looked really good in the mock up image and I had to make it!
I was going to use only solids then I found some pretty yellow prints in my stash so I decided to mix with the prints and solids.
Here is the fabric info for a Small Throw I made. (48" x 63" finished)
Fabric's name / color (from the top to bottom in the photo above)
- Speckled by Ruby Star Society from Moda Fabrics
- Essex Linen from Robert Kaufman Fabrics
- La Vie en Rose by Pat Blavo from Art Gallery Fabrics
- Quantum by Giucy Giuce from Andover Fabrics
- Fleckles (basics) from Cotton and Steel
- Kona Cotton Gotham gray from Robert Kaufman Fabrics
- Kona Cotton Bahama blue from Robert Kaufman Fabrics
Small Throw is a perfect size for me to quilt by myself and enjoy quilting without overwhelming. I love the quilting designs that I can work on row by row because I know exactly where I'm quilting and how long to go.
I quilted on the BERNINA Q16 Sit down model using Silk-Finish Cotton Thread by Mettler Thread. It was a quick quilting and I really loved how it turned out.
I used Kona Cotton Gotham Gray for the binding and Ice Peach for the backing.